Apr 18, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Like most of the Marlins he was off to a bad start, hitting just .184 in 14 games, but Hechavarria is around for his defense at shortstop and the Marlins’ unappealing fill-in options include Chris Valaika, Donovan Solano, and Nick Green.
Hechavarria, who the Marlins got from the Blue Jays in the Jose Reyes-led blockbuster this winter, was originally signed out of Cuba in 2010 for $10 million.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)