Apr 18, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
It’s a moot point with John Buck doing his best Babe Ruth impression, but any thoughts of the Mets calling up catching prospect Travis d’Arnaud are on hold because of a foot injury.
Marc Carig of New York Newsday reports that d’Arnaud suffered a non-displaced fracture thanks to taking a foul ball off his left foot at Triple-A. There’s no word yet on his return timetable, but he’s wearing a walking boot and headed to New York to be examined further.
d’Arnaud, who was acquired from the Blue Jays (along with Buck) in the R.A. Dickey trade, posted a .901 OPS in 12 games at Triple-A before the injury and is widely considered the best catching prospect in baseball at age 24.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)