Apr 18, 2013, 8:55 AM EST
Stay classy, San Diego.
Jeff Passan of Yahoo! reports that, the day after the Padres-Dodgers brawl, Padres President and CEO Tom Garfinkel told Padres season ticket holders that Zack Greinke was to blame for is own injury, saying that Greinke threw at Quentin on purpose and that he shouldn’t have put his shoulder down when the much larger Quentin rushed at him. Oh, and then this:
“He threw at him on purpose, OK?” Garfinkel told an estimated crowd of 40 or 50 at Petco Park on Friday, a day after the fight. “That’s what happened. They can say 3-and-2 count, 2-1 game, no one does that. Zack Greinke is a different kind of guy. Anyone seen ‘Rain Man’? He’s a very smart guy.”
Which is apparently a dig at Greinke’s well-known history with social anxiety disorder. Passan notes that Garfinkel has apologized for that comment.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 21
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 71
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)