Apr 18, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Lannan pitched pretty well in his first two starts of the season, but allowed nine baserunners while recording just five outs yesterday and heads to the DL with a 6.14 ERA.
Lannan was banished to Triple-A by the Nationals for most of last season and joined the Phillies on a one-year, $2.5 million deal that includes further incentives for innings and starts. No word yet on who’ll replace him, but right-hander Tyler Cloyd would seemingly be the most obvious in-house option despite some early struggles at Triple-A.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)