Apr 18, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Lannan pitched pretty well in his first two starts of the season, but allowed nine baserunners while recording just five outs yesterday and heads to the DL with a 6.14 ERA.
Lannan was banished to Triple-A by the Nationals for most of last season and joined the Phillies on a one-year, $2.5 million deal that includes further incentives for innings and starts. No word yet on who’ll replace him, but right-hander Tyler Cloyd would seemingly be the most obvious in-house option despite some early struggles at Triple-A.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)