Apr 18, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Lannan pitched pretty well in his first two starts of the season, but allowed nine baserunners while recording just five outs yesterday and heads to the DL with a 6.14 ERA.
Lannan was banished to Triple-A by the Nationals for most of last season and joined the Phillies on a one-year, $2.5 million deal that includes further incentives for innings and starts. No word yet on who’ll replace him, but right-hander Tyler Cloyd would seemingly be the most obvious in-house option despite some early struggles at Triple-A.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (102)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)