Apr 18, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Lannan pitched pretty well in his first two starts of the season, but allowed nine baserunners while recording just five outs yesterday and heads to the DL with a 6.14 ERA.
Lannan was banished to Triple-A by the Nationals for most of last season and joined the Phillies on a one-year, $2.5 million deal that includes further incentives for innings and starts. No word yet on who’ll replace him, but right-hander Tyler Cloyd would seemingly be the most obvious in-house option despite some early struggles at Triple-A.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (123)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)