Apr 18, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Lannan pitched pretty well in his first two starts of the season, but allowed nine baserunners while recording just five outs yesterday and heads to the DL with a 6.14 ERA.
Lannan was banished to Triple-A by the Nationals for most of last season and joined the Phillies on a one-year, $2.5 million deal that includes further incentives for innings and starts. No word yet on who’ll replace him, but right-hander Tyler Cloyd would seemingly be the most obvious in-house option despite some early struggles at Triple-A.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)