Alex Rodriguez helped UFC president Dana White get blood-spinning treatment in Germany

Apr 19, 2013, 10:47 AM EST

dana white Getty Images

UFC president Dana White has Meniere’s disease, which the Mayo Clinic describes as “a disorder of the inner ear that causes spontaneous episodes of vertigo … along with fluctuating hearing loss, ringing in the ear, and sometimes a feeling of fullness or pressure in your ear.”

He’s undergone surgery that proved unsuccessful and has suffered multiple public attacks, so White was open to ideas for help and got one from Alex Rodriguez, who told him to seek treatment in Germany.

Rodriguez referred White to Dr. Peter Wehling in Dusseldorf, Germany, who put the Yankees third baseman through Orthokine blood-spinning treatment in 2011 for knee and shoulder injuries and has also done the same procedure on Kobe Bryant and other high-profile athletes. White went to Germany, had the treatment, and came back feeling better than ever.

And he was full of praise for Rodriguez when talking to MMA reporters yesterday:

The only way you can go there is to have a referral. A-Rod got me in. Love you, A-Rod. Thank you. I’m a Red Sox fan and an A-Rod fan now, trust me. Boston guys will have to deal with it. The guy saved me.

White is scheduled to go back for another round of treatment in three months.

Check out MMAFighting.com’s video of White’s full media session for a lot more about Rodriguez’s involvement in his treatment.

1. The Dangerous Mabry - Apr 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Kind of odd that spinning anything would be a treatment for vertigo.

• tfbuckfutter - Apr 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM

They spin it in the opposite direction.

But it eventually unwinds which is why you gotta go back.

• aceshigh11 - Apr 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Zing!

Seriously though…my sister has Menierre’s…it’s no fun, believe me. Too bad she doesn’t have access to doctors of the rich and famous.

2. banger60 - Apr 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM

What can’t Alex do? that’s right, PLAY BASEBALL!

3. thebraso - Apr 20, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I have the same condition, and would do anything for an actual cure. It’s the worst thing ever and can strike at any moment. Hope this treatment works and can become available to folks like me.

• badintent - Apr 20, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I had this condition in NYC, it was brought on by allergies caused by the heavy pollution. It was treated withhydro- cortisone nose spray and Seldane(no longer available but you can use Reactine instead) for a year to treat it with success most of the time. When I moved to Cali and cleaner air, the problem went away.No medicine required any more. Hope it works for you.

4. thebigtebowski - Apr 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM

I seem to suffer the same symptoms after a long drinking….weird

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester