Apr 19, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
UFC president Dana White has Meniere’s disease, which the Mayo Clinic describes as “a disorder of the inner ear that causes spontaneous episodes of vertigo … along with fluctuating hearing loss, ringing in the ear, and sometimes a feeling of fullness or pressure in your ear.”
He’s undergone surgery that proved unsuccessful and has suffered multiple public attacks, so White was open to ideas for help and got one from Alex Rodriguez, who told him to seek treatment in Germany.
Rodriguez referred White to Dr. Peter Wehling in Dusseldorf, Germany, who put the Yankees third baseman through Orthokine blood-spinning treatment in 2011 for knee and shoulder injuries and has also done the same procedure on Kobe Bryant and other high-profile athletes. White went to Germany, had the treatment, and came back feeling better than ever.
And he was full of praise for Rodriguez when talking to MMA reporters yesterday:
The only way you can go there is to have a referral. A-Rod got me in. Love you, A-Rod. Thank you. I’m a Red Sox fan and an A-Rod fan now, trust me. Boston guys will have to deal with it. The guy saved me.
White is scheduled to go back for another round of treatment in three months.
Check out MMAFighting.com’s video of White’s full media session for a lot more about Rodriguez’s involvement in his treatment.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)