Apr 19, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
UFC president Dana White has Meniere’s disease, which the Mayo Clinic describes as “a disorder of the inner ear that causes spontaneous episodes of vertigo … along with fluctuating hearing loss, ringing in the ear, and sometimes a feeling of fullness or pressure in your ear.”
He’s undergone surgery that proved unsuccessful and has suffered multiple public attacks, so White was open to ideas for help and got one from Alex Rodriguez, who told him to seek treatment in Germany.
Rodriguez referred White to Dr. Peter Wehling in Dusseldorf, Germany, who put the Yankees third baseman through Orthokine blood-spinning treatment in 2011 for knee and shoulder injuries and has also done the same procedure on Kobe Bryant and other high-profile athletes. White went to Germany, had the treatment, and came back feeling better than ever.
And he was full of praise for Rodriguez when talking to MMA reporters yesterday:
The only way you can go there is to have a referral. A-Rod got me in. Love you, A-Rod. Thank you. I’m a Red Sox fan and an A-Rod fan now, trust me. Boston guys will have to deal with it. The guy saved me.
White is scheduled to go back for another round of treatment in three months.
Check out MMAFighting.com’s video of White’s full media session for a lot more about Rodriguez’s involvement in his treatment.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 28
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)