Apr 19, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Since an impressive rookie campaign in 2009, Athletics lefty Brett Anderson has had trouble staying off of the disabled list, mostly with elbow-related injuries. Tonight, however, he had to leave with an apparent ankle injury after a shaky first inning during tonight’s start against the Rays.
MLB.com’s Jim Hawkins says there was no obvious point where Anderson’s ankle began bothering him, nor is there any indication yet how long he will be sidelined.
Anderson allowed four runs on four hits and two walks in his only inning of work. Evan Scribner relieved him in the second inning, but didn’t have any better luck as the Rays tagged him for four more runs over three innings.
Susan Slusser guesses on when Anderson was injured:
Best guess: Anderson hurt himself going after infield single by Roberts. Well, at least it’s not his arm. #Athletics
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) April 20, 2013
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 4
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (103)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)