Apr 19, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Since an impressive rookie campaign in 2009, Athletics lefty Brett Anderson has had trouble staying off of the disabled list, mostly with elbow-related injuries. Tonight, however, he had to leave with an apparent ankle injury after a shaky first inning during tonight’s start against the Rays.
MLB.com’s Jim Hawkins says there was no obvious point where Anderson’s ankle began bothering him, nor is there any indication yet how long he will be sidelined.
Anderson allowed four runs on four hits and two walks in his only inning of work. Evan Scribner relieved him in the second inning, but didn’t have any better luck as the Rays tagged him for four more runs over three innings.
Susan Slusser guesses on when Anderson was injured:
Best guess: Anderson hurt himself going after infield single by Roberts. Well, at least it’s not his arm. #Athletics
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) April 20, 2013
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)