Apr 19, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
Since an impressive rookie campaign in 2009, Athletics lefty Brett Anderson has had trouble staying off of the disabled list, mostly with elbow-related injuries. Tonight, however, he had to leave with an apparent ankle injury after a shaky first inning during tonight’s start against the Rays.
MLB.com’s Jim Hawkins says there was no obvious point where Anderson’s ankle began bothering him, nor is there any indication yet how long he will be sidelined.
Anderson allowed four runs on four hits and two walks in his only inning of work. Evan Scribner relieved him in the second inning, but didn’t have any better luck as the Rays tagged him for four more runs over three innings.
Susan Slusser guesses on when Anderson was injured:
Best guess: Anderson hurt himself going after infield single by Roberts. Well, at least it’s not his arm. #Athletics
— Susan Slusser (@susanslusser) April 20, 2013
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 25
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 282
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)