Apr 19, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Major League Baseball took Bryce Harper‘s Opening Day jersey and auctioned it off. Harper was none too pleased that he’d lost a keepsake:
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) April 18, 2013
He later tweeted that he hoped the proceeds went to charity. DC Sports Bog spoke to MLB about it and it turns out that, yes, the proceeds do go to charity, so hopefully he’s feeling better about it now.
(h/t to NatsLady, who has supplied me with two Nats-related stories today. Almost feel bad for trolling her about Strasburg’s shutdown last year. Almost).
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8