Apr 19, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
Major League Baseball took Bryce Harper‘s Opening Day jersey and auctioned it off. Harper was none too pleased that he’d lost a keepsake:
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) April 18, 2013
He later tweeted that he hoped the proceeds went to charity. DC Sports Bog spoke to MLB about it and it turns out that, yes, the proceeds do go to charity, so hopefully he’s feeling better about it now.
(h/t to NatsLady, who has supplied me with two Nats-related stories today. Almost feel bad for trolling her about Strasburg’s shutdown last year. Almost).
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)