Apr 19, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
Major League Baseball took Bryce Harper‘s Opening Day jersey and auctioned it off. Harper was none too pleased that he’d lost a keepsake:
— Bryce Harper (@Bharper3407) April 18, 2013
He later tweeted that he hoped the proceeds went to charity. DC Sports Bog spoke to MLB about it and it turns out that, yes, the proceeds do go to charity, so hopefully he’s feeling better about it now.
(h/t to NatsLady, who has supplied me with two Nats-related stories today. Almost feel bad for trolling her about Strasburg’s shutdown last year. Almost).
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 7
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 54
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 68
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)