Apr 19, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Texas couldn’t find a trade it liked for Julio Borbon after designating him for assignment last week, so now the Rangers have lost him on waivers for nothing.
Borbon just posted on Twitter that he was claimed by the Cubs, who’ll give him a look as a backup outfielder.
Borbon’s stock has dropped in the past couple seasons, but he’s still a speedy 27-year-old center fielder with a .283 batting average in the majors and a .304 batting average at Triple-A. He doesn’t offer much power or plate discipline, but as far as reserve outfielders go Borbon is a solid one.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 88
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8