Apr 19, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Texas couldn’t find a trade it liked for Julio Borbon after designating him for assignment last week, so now the Rangers have lost him on waivers for nothing.
Borbon just posted on Twitter that he was claimed by the Cubs, who’ll give him a look as a backup outfielder.
Borbon’s stock has dropped in the past couple seasons, but he’s still a speedy 27-year-old center fielder with a .283 batting average in the majors and a .304 batting average at Triple-A. He doesn’t offer much power or plate discipline, but as far as reserve outfielders go Borbon is a solid one.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)