Apr 19, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
It’s gonna be sad. Harold seems like a very nice man. But eventually, and quite unwittingly, he’s going to cause Brian Kenny to totally blow a gasket and bludgeon him with a lapel mic or whatever else he has at hand:
Still, it’s pretty good TV. I love Kenny and I’m glad that MLB Network has given him a platform like this. Normally the pro-stat arguments are given by walk-on, sacrificial geeks who eventually get shouted down by the ex-jocks. On this show Kenny is given a chance to dismantle nonsense and does so, often.
Note: original headline was “Eventually Brian Kenny is going to kill Harold Reynolds.” Upon reflection, that seems in poor taste, so I changed it.
- Jose Iglesias, with an extended aside about cheeseburger and burrito stats 0
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 4
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86