Apr 19, 2013, 11:32 AM EST
It’s gonna be sad. Harold seems like a very nice man. But eventually, and quite unwittingly, he’s going to cause Brian Kenny to totally blow a gasket and bludgeon him with a lapel mic or whatever else he has at hand:
Still, it’s pretty good TV. I love Kenny and I’m glad that MLB Network has given him a platform like this. Normally the pro-stat arguments are given by walk-on, sacrificial geeks who eventually get shouted down by the ex-jocks. On this show Kenny is given a chance to dismantle nonsense and does so, often.
Note: original headline was “Eventually Brian Kenny is going to kill Harold Reynolds.” Upon reflection, that seems in poor taste, so I changed it.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)