Apr 19, 2013, 11:35 PM EDT
Rockies starter Jhoulys Chacin left tonight’s start against the Diamondbacks with an injury, believed to be his left side or lower back, tweets the Denver Post’s Patrick Saunders. Troy Renck suggests it was a back spasm.
Chacin held the D-Backs scoreless over six and one-third innings, surrendering a paltry three hits and a walk while striking out five. He lowered his season ERA to 1.46, notching his third start out of four in which he’s gone at least six innings while allowing one run or fewer.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 9
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)