Apr 19, 2013, 11:35 PM EST
Rockies starter Jhoulys Chacin left tonight’s start against the Diamondbacks with an injury, believed to be his left side or lower back, tweets the Denver Post’s Patrick Saunders. Troy Renck suggests it was a back spasm.
Chacin held the D-Backs scoreless over six and one-third innings, surrendering a paltry three hits and a walk while striking out five. He lowered his season ERA to 1.46, notching his third start out of four in which he’s gone at least six innings while allowing one run or fewer.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 72
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 26
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 363
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)