Apr 19, 2013, 11:35 PM EST
Rockies starter Jhoulys Chacin left tonight’s start against the Diamondbacks with an injury, believed to be his left side or lower back, tweets the Denver Post’s Patrick Saunders. Troy Renck suggests it was a back spasm.
Chacin held the D-Backs scoreless over six and one-third innings, surrendering a paltry three hits and a walk while striking out five. He lowered his season ERA to 1.46, notching his third start out of four in which he’s gone at least six innings while allowing one run or fewer.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)