Apr 19, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
It’s been a tough start to the 2013 season for Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista. He missed a few games in the first week with an ankle sprain, and missed the entirety of his team’s recently-completed four-game series against the White Sox due to back spasms.
Much to the delight of Jays fans, Bautista is back in the starting lineup for tonight’s series opener against the Yankees, batting third as the designated hitter. Though the slugger has three home runs to his credit, he is hitting a paltry .200 with no multi-hit games thus far.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 25
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 56
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)