Apr 19, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
It’s been a tough start to the 2013 season for Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista. He missed a few games in the first week with an ankle sprain, and missed the entirety of his team’s recently-completed four-game series against the White Sox due to back spasms.
Much to the delight of Jays fans, Bautista is back in the starting lineup for tonight’s series opener against the Yankees, batting third as the designated hitter. Though the slugger has three home runs to his credit, he is hitting a paltry .200 with no multi-hit games thus far.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)