Apr 19, 2013, 7:05 PM EST
It’s been a tough start to the 2013 season for Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista. He missed a few games in the first week with an ankle sprain, and missed the entirety of his team’s recently-completed four-game series against the White Sox due to back spasms.
Much to the delight of Jays fans, Bautista is back in the starting lineup for tonight’s series opener against the Yankees, batting third as the designated hitter. Though the slugger has three home runs to his credit, he is hitting a paltry .200 with no multi-hit games thus far.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)