Apr 19, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The Rangers placed Matt Harrison on the disabled list last week with back trouble. That back trouble is worse than first feared:
Rangers GM Jon Daniels says Matt Harrison has a herniated disk. Will have back surgery Tuesday.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) April 19, 2013
There’s no official timetable yet, but Andro tweets that Harrison likely won’t be back until after the All-Star break.
Harrison had started 30-plus games in each of the past two years. And he just signed a five-year, $55 million extension in January. Tough break.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8