Apr 19, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The Rangers placed Matt Harrison on the disabled list last week with back trouble. That back trouble is worse than first feared:
Rangers GM Jon Daniels says Matt Harrison has a herniated disk. Will have back surgery Tuesday.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) April 19, 2013
There’s no official timetable yet, but Andro tweets that Harrison likely won’t be back until after the All-Star break.
Harrison had started 30-plus games in each of the past two years. And he just signed a five-year, $55 million extension in January. Tough break.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 38
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 23
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)