Apr 19, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The Rangers placed Matt Harrison on the disabled list last week with back trouble. That back trouble is worse than first feared:
Rangers GM Jon Daniels says Matt Harrison has a herniated disk. Will have back surgery Tuesday.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) April 19, 2013
There’s no official timetable yet, but Andro tweets that Harrison likely won’t be back until after the All-Star break.
Harrison had started 30-plus games in each of the past two years. And he just signed a five-year, $55 million extension in January. Tough break.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)