Apr 19, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
The Rangers placed Matt Harrison on the disabled list last week with back trouble. That back trouble is worse than first feared:
Rangers GM Jon Daniels says Matt Harrison has a herniated disk. Will have back surgery Tuesday.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) April 19, 2013
There’s no official timetable yet, but Andro tweets that Harrison likely won’t be back until after the All-Star break.
Harrison had started 30-plus games in each of the past two years. And he just signed a five-year, $55 million extension in January. Tough break.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)