Apr 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Ten days after being hospitalized for diverticulitis White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper is expected to rejoin the team for tonight’s game against the Twins.
Bullpen coach Bobby Thigpen subbed for Cooper, who has been the White Sox’s pitching coach for more than a decade.
Cooper was hospitalized in Washington, D.C. on April 9 and returned to his home in Chicago on Saturday.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)