Apr 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Ten days after being hospitalized for diverticulitis White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper is expected to rejoin the team for tonight’s game against the Twins.
Bullpen coach Bobby Thigpen subbed for Cooper, who has been the White Sox’s pitching coach for more than a decade.
Cooper was hospitalized in Washington, D.C. on April 9 and returned to his home in Chicago on Saturday.
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 13
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)