Apr 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Ten days after being hospitalized for diverticulitis White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper is expected to rejoin the team for tonight’s game against the Twins.
Bullpen coach Bobby Thigpen subbed for Cooper, who has been the White Sox’s pitching coach for more than a decade.
Cooper was hospitalized in Washington, D.C. on April 9 and returned to his home in Chicago on Saturday.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)