Apr 19, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Ten days after being hospitalized for diverticulitis White Sox pitching coach Don Cooper is expected to rejoin the team for tonight’s game against the Twins.
Bullpen coach Bobby Thigpen subbed for Cooper, who has been the White Sox’s pitching coach for more than a decade.
Cooper was hospitalized in Washington, D.C. on April 9 and returned to his home in Chicago on Saturday.
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 0
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 22
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 68
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)