Apr 19, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
As Craig posted earlier, Matt Harrison will undergo surgery to repair a herniated disk in his back, which will likely keep him out until the All-Star break. In his absence, Rangers GM Jon Daniels will be relying on in-house options, reports Todd Wills of ESPN Dallas.
Daniels said Friday he doesn’t expect to run out and make a trade. April doesn’t make for the best trading season and the Rangers do have guys rehabbing in Arizona that could make an impact — Colby Lewis, Neftali Feliz and Martin Perez.
“We’re always keeping our eyes open,” Daniels said. “But I don’t think we’ll do anything from outside. We’ll play it out. We like the guys we’ve got. We like the guys that are on the mend. That’s obviously an important group for us in Arizona.”
Justin Grimm was added to the rotation after Harrison faltered in his first two starts, posting an 8.44 ERA in 10.2 innings. Grimm will make his second start of the season and his fourth career start on Sunday against the Mariners.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)