Apr 19, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
As Craig posted earlier, Matt Harrison will undergo surgery to repair a herniated disk in his back, which will likely keep him out until the All-Star break. In his absence, Rangers GM Jon Daniels will be relying on in-house options, reports Todd Wills of ESPN Dallas.
Daniels said Friday he doesn’t expect to run out and make a trade. April doesn’t make for the best trading season and the Rangers do have guys rehabbing in Arizona that could make an impact — Colby Lewis, Neftali Feliz and Martin Perez.
“We’re always keeping our eyes open,” Daniels said. “But I don’t think we’ll do anything from outside. We’ll play it out. We like the guys we’ve got. We like the guys that are on the mend. That’s obviously an important group for us in Arizona.”
Justin Grimm was added to the rotation after Harrison faltered in his first two starts, posting an 8.44 ERA in 10.2 innings. Grimm will make his second start of the season and his fourth career start on Sunday against the Mariners.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 66
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 72
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (278)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)