Apr 19, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
As Craig posted earlier, Matt Harrison will undergo surgery to repair a herniated disk in his back, which will likely keep him out until the All-Star break. In his absence, Rangers GM Jon Daniels will be relying on in-house options, reports Todd Wills of ESPN Dallas.
Daniels said Friday he doesn’t expect to run out and make a trade. April doesn’t make for the best trading season and the Rangers do have guys rehabbing in Arizona that could make an impact — Colby Lewis, Neftali Feliz and Martin Perez.
“We’re always keeping our eyes open,” Daniels said. “But I don’t think we’ll do anything from outside. We’ll play it out. We like the guys we’ve got. We like the guys that are on the mend. That’s obviously an important group for us in Arizona.”
Justin Grimm was added to the rotation after Harrison faltered in his first two starts, posting an 8.44 ERA in 10.2 innings. Grimm will make his second start of the season and his fourth career start on Sunday against the Mariners.
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 1
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 40
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 74
- Who really owns a home run ball? 63
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)