Apr 19, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
As Craig posted earlier, Matt Harrison will undergo surgery to repair a herniated disk in his back, which will likely keep him out until the All-Star break. In his absence, Rangers GM Jon Daniels will be relying on in-house options, reports Todd Wills of ESPN Dallas.
Daniels said Friday he doesn’t expect to run out and make a trade. April doesn’t make for the best trading season and the Rangers do have guys rehabbing in Arizona that could make an impact — Colby Lewis, Neftali Feliz and Martin Perez.
“We’re always keeping our eyes open,” Daniels said. “But I don’t think we’ll do anything from outside. We’ll play it out. We like the guys we’ve got. We like the guys that are on the mend. That’s obviously an important group for us in Arizona.”
Justin Grimm was added to the rotation after Harrison faltered in his first two starts, posting an 8.44 ERA in 10.2 innings. Grimm will make his second start of the season and his fourth career start on Sunday against the Mariners.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)