Apr 19, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Fun story from C. Trent Rosecrans at the Cincinnati Enquirer about Reds batboy Ted Kremer. Kremer asked Todd Frazier to hit a homer. Frazier obliged. He also roots really hard for the Reds to strike out 11 hitters so he can get free pizza from La Rosa’s.
Which, why anyone wants La Rosa’s pizza is beyond me, but that’s unimportant at the moment.
(thanks to SmugBud, who has the best avatar ever, for the heads up)
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)