Apr 19, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
Chris Capuano aggravating his calf injury during the Zack Greinke-Carlos Quentin scuffle has opened the door for Ted Lilly to join the Dodgers’ rotation and his first start will be Wednesday against the Mets.
Lilly is coming back from September shoulder surgery and had to be talked into continuing his minor-league rehab assignment after feeling he was ready to return last week.
His latest rehab start was anything but impressive, as Lilly allowed four runs and eight total baserunners in five innings at Single-A on Tuesday. Overall in three rehab starts he coughed up 15 runs in 17 innings, so the 37-year-old left-hander is a big question mark.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (90)