Apr 19, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
The Yankees wrapped up a three-game set with the Diamondbacks last night. It was a 14-inning affair that eventually ended 6-2 in the D-Backs’ favor, but that wasn’t the most interesting thing about the game. Zack Hample, a baseball collector and author of several books including How to Snag Major League Baseballs, caught two home runs in the Yankee Stadium stands last night hit by Didi Gregorius and Francisco Cervelli.
As it was the first career homer for Gregorius, he wanted his ball back and Hample obliged as you can see in the photo. Watch Hample catch both homers along with a brief interview with FOX Sports Arizona.
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 2
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 50
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)