Apr 19, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
The Yankees wrapped up a three-game set with the Diamondbacks last night. It was a 14-inning affair that eventually ended 6-2 in the D-Backs’ favor, but that wasn’t the most interesting thing about the game. Zack Hample, a baseball collector and author of several books including How to Snag Major League Baseballs, caught two home runs in the Yankee Stadium stands last night hit by Didi Gregorius and Francisco Cervelli.
As it was the first career homer for Gregorius, he wanted his ball back and Hample obliged as you can see in the photo. Watch Hample catch both homers along with a brief interview with FOX Sports Arizona.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)