Apr 19, 2013, 9:05 PM EDT
The Yankees wrapped up a three-game set with the Diamondbacks last night. It was a 14-inning affair that eventually ended 6-2 in the D-Backs’ favor, but that wasn’t the most interesting thing about the game. Zack Hample, a baseball collector and author of several books including How to Snag Major League Baseballs, caught two home runs in the Yankee Stadium stands last night hit by Didi Gregorius and Francisco Cervelli.
As it was the first career homer for Gregorius, he wanted his ball back and Hample obliged as you can see in the photo. Watch Hample catch both homers along with a brief interview with FOX Sports Arizona.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 18
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 133
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 132
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (133)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (132)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)