Apr 19, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: The game has been postponed. Good call. Surprised it took this long to make. My friend Hunter Felt agrees:
How was this such a difficult decision for the Red Sox to make? Games have been postponed for reasons like “we believe it might get wet”
— Hunter Felt (@HunterFelt) April 19, 2013
But at least they got it right.
In the meantime, there is a baseball angle to all of this, even if it’s a relatively unimportant angle: the Red Sox are supposed to play a home game against the Royals tonight. Obviously that’s pending the events in Boston, and if the city remains on lockdown like it is now, there’s no way the game can go off.
The latest news on this is that the team is waiting to get direction from city officials. And, obviously, city officials have more important things on their plate at the moment. We’ll update when anything along those lines.
In the meantime, if you’re in Boston, stay safe, folks.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 27
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)