Apr 19, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: The game has been postponed. Good call. Surprised it took this long to make. My friend Hunter Felt agrees:
How was this such a difficult decision for the Red Sox to make? Games have been postponed for reasons like “we believe it might get wet”
— Hunter Felt (@HunterFelt) April 19, 2013
But at least they got it right.
In the meantime, there is a baseball angle to all of this, even if it’s a relatively unimportant angle: the Red Sox are supposed to play a home game against the Royals tonight. Obviously that’s pending the events in Boston, and if the city remains on lockdown like it is now, there’s no way the game can go off.
The latest news on this is that the team is waiting to get direction from city officials. And, obviously, city officials have more important things on their plate at the moment. We’ll update when anything along those lines.
In the meantime, if you’re in Boston, stay safe, folks.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)