Apr 19, 2013, 3:09 PM EST
UPDATE: The game has been postponed. Good call. Surprised it took this long to make. My friend Hunter Felt agrees:
How was this such a difficult decision for the Red Sox to make? Games have been postponed for reasons like “we believe it might get wet”
— Hunter Felt (@HunterFelt) April 19, 2013
But at least they got it right.
In the meantime, there is a baseball angle to all of this, even if it’s a relatively unimportant angle: the Red Sox are supposed to play a home game against the Royals tonight. Obviously that’s pending the events in Boston, and if the city remains on lockdown like it is now, there’s no way the game can go off.
The latest news on this is that the team is waiting to get direction from city officials. And, obviously, city officials have more important things on their plate at the moment. We’ll update when anything along those lines.
In the meantime, if you’re in Boston, stay safe, folks.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)