Apr 19, 2013, 3:09 PM EST
UPDATE: The game has been postponed. Good call. Surprised it took this long to make. My friend Hunter Felt agrees:
How was this such a difficult decision for the Red Sox to make? Games have been postponed for reasons like “we believe it might get wet”
— Hunter Felt (@HunterFelt) April 19, 2013
But at least they got it right.
In the meantime, there is a baseball angle to all of this, even if it’s a relatively unimportant angle: the Red Sox are supposed to play a home game against the Royals tonight. Obviously that’s pending the events in Boston, and if the city remains on lockdown like it is now, there’s no way the game can go off.
The latest news on this is that the team is waiting to get direction from city officials. And, obviously, city officials have more important things on their plate at the moment. We’ll update when anything along those lines.
In the meantime, if you’re in Boston, stay safe, folks.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)