Apr 19, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: The game has been postponed. Good call. Surprised it took this long to make. My friend Hunter Felt agrees:
How was this such a difficult decision for the Red Sox to make? Games have been postponed for reasons like “we believe it might get wet”
— Hunter Felt (@HunterFelt) April 19, 2013
But at least they got it right.
In the meantime, there is a baseball angle to all of this, even if it’s a relatively unimportant angle: the Red Sox are supposed to play a home game against the Royals tonight. Obviously that’s pending the events in Boston, and if the city remains on lockdown like it is now, there’s no way the game can go off.
The latest news on this is that the team is waiting to get direction from city officials. And, obviously, city officials have more important things on their plate at the moment. We’ll update when anything along those lines.
In the meantime, if you’re in Boston, stay safe, folks.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8