Apr 20, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Tonight seems like a bad night to play baseball, as there have been a rash of injuries. Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera is the latest victim as he had to leave after his two at-bats in the first inning with a left wrist contusion. The Indians have otherwise had a good night as they are currently enjoying an 18-6 lead over the Astros.
Mike Aviles replaced Cabrera at shortstop and should be expected to handle the position if Cabrera needs extended time off. Cabrera entered the night struggling offensively, with a .138 average and just four extra-base hits.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 27
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)