Apr 20, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Tonight seems like a bad night to play baseball, as there have been a rash of injuries. Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera is the latest victim as he had to leave after his two at-bats in the first inning with a left wrist contusion. The Indians have otherwise had a good night as they are currently enjoying an 18-6 lead over the Astros.
Mike Aviles replaced Cabrera at shortstop and should be expected to handle the position if Cabrera needs extended time off. Cabrera entered the night struggling offensively, with a .138 average and just four extra-base hits.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 14
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 26
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 54
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 68
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)