Apr 20, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Tonight seems like a bad night to play baseball, as there have been a rash of injuries. Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera is the latest victim as he had to leave after his two at-bats in the first inning with a left wrist contusion. The Indians have otherwise had a good night as they are currently enjoying an 18-6 lead over the Astros.
Mike Aviles replaced Cabrera at shortstop and should be expected to handle the position if Cabrera needs extended time off. Cabrera entered the night struggling offensively, with a .138 average and just four extra-base hits.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 0
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 9
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 7
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)