Apr 20, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Tonight seems like a bad night to play baseball, as there have been a rash of injuries. Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera is the latest victim as he had to leave after his two at-bats in the first inning with a left wrist contusion. The Indians have otherwise had a good night as they are currently enjoying an 18-6 lead over the Astros.
Mike Aviles replaced Cabrera at shortstop and should be expected to handle the position if Cabrera needs extended time off. Cabrera entered the night struggling offensively, with a .138 average and just four extra-base hits.
- Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 25
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 66
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)