Apr 20, 2013, 10:30 PM EDT
Tonight seems like a bad night to play baseball, as there have been a rash of injuries. Indians shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera is the latest victim as he had to leave after his two at-bats in the first inning with a left wrist contusion. The Indians have otherwise had a good night as they are currently enjoying an 18-6 lead over the Astros.
Mike Aviles replaced Cabrera at shortstop and should be expected to handle the position if Cabrera needs extended time off. Cabrera entered the night struggling offensively, with a .138 average and just four extra-base hits.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)