Apr 20, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
After Dayan Viciedo left Thursday’s game with a strained left oblique, he was hoping to avoid an extended absence. However, the White Sox announced this morning that Viciedo has been placed on the 15-day disabled list while Blake Tekotte has been recalled from Triple-A Charlotte.
Oblique injuries can be particularly tricky, so it’s understandable that the White Sox didn’t want to push Viciedo too soon. There’s a chance that he could be ready to return when he’s first eligible, but considering what we have seen with these type of injuries in the past, that’s hardly a given.
Viciedo, 24, is hitting .229 (11-for-48) with two home runs, three doubles and five RBI in 13 games this season. Jordan Danks and Tekotte figure to share playing time in left field during his absence.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)