Apr 20, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
After Dayan Viciedo left Thursday’s game with a strained left oblique, he was hoping to avoid an extended absence. However, the White Sox announced this morning that Viciedo has been placed on the 15-day disabled list while Blake Tekotte has been recalled from Triple-A Charlotte.
Oblique injuries can be particularly tricky, so it’s understandable that the White Sox didn’t want to push Viciedo too soon. There’s a chance that he could be ready to return when he’s first eligible, but considering what we have seen with these type of injuries in the past, that’s hardly a given.
Viciedo, 24, is hitting .229 (11-for-48) with two home runs, three doubles and five RBI in 13 games this season. Jordan Danks and Tekotte figure to share playing time in left field during his absence.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (83)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (77)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)