Apr 20, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
After Dayan Viciedo left Thursday’s game with a strained left oblique, he was hoping to avoid an extended absence. However, the White Sox announced this morning that Viciedo has been placed on the 15-day disabled list while Blake Tekotte has been recalled from Triple-A Charlotte.
Oblique injuries can be particularly tricky, so it’s understandable that the White Sox didn’t want to push Viciedo too soon. There’s a chance that he could be ready to return when he’s first eligible, but considering what we have seen with these type of injuries in the past, that’s hardly a given.
Viciedo, 24, is hitting .229 (11-for-48) with two home runs, three doubles and five RBI in 13 games this season. Jordan Danks and Tekotte figure to share playing time in left field during his absence.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)