Apr 20, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
Nick Tepesch left in the second inning of tonight’s game against the Mariners after taking a Jesus Montero liner off of his right wrist. Gerry Fraley reports that the abrasion was visible, which is usually not a good sign.
This unfortunate news comes a day after Rangers GM said he is standing pat with his starting pitching. It is also the second time a Mariners hitter knocked out a Rangers pitcher with a line drive — Brad Miller hit Martin Perez in a spring training game.
Adam Morris, of SB Nation’s Rangers blog Lone Star Ball, suggests on Twitter that the Rangers’ options to replace Tepesch include current reliever Derek Lowe and Josh Lindblom, who has started two games with Triple-A Little Rock.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (119)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)