Apr 20, 2013, 8:44 PM EDT
Nick Tepesch left in the second inning of tonight’s game against the Mariners after taking a Jesus Montero liner off of his right wrist. Gerry Fraley reports that the abrasion was visible, which is usually not a good sign.
This unfortunate news comes a day after Rangers GM said he is standing pat with his starting pitching. It is also the second time a Mariners hitter knocked out a Rangers pitcher with a line drive — Brad Miller hit Martin Perez in a spring training game.
Adam Morris, of SB Nation’s Rangers blog Lone Star Ball, suggests on Twitter that the Rangers’ options to replace Tepesch include current reliever Derek Lowe and Josh Lindblom, who has started two games with Triple-A Little Rock.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 55
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 99
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 70
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)