Apr 20, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, Ryan Zimmerman was sent for an MRI on sore left hamstring today. Zimmerman initially felt a cramp in his hamstring last weekend and aggravated it during Wednesday’s game. He’s out of the starting lineup today for the second straight game.
Nationals manager Davey Johnson and general manager Mike Rizzo have both expressed confidence that Zimmerman will not require a trip to the disabled list, but he was sent for tests to be on the safe side. Chad Tracy should get most of the playing time at third base until he’s ready to return.
Zimmerman, 28, is hitting .226/.311/.358 with one home run, 11 RBI and a .670 OPS through 15 games. After adjusting his throwing mechanics following offseason shoulder surgery, he has already committed four errors.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)