Apr 20, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, Ryan Zimmerman was sent for an MRI on sore left hamstring today. Zimmerman initially felt a cramp in his hamstring last weekend and aggravated it during Wednesday’s game. He’s out of the starting lineup today for the second straight game.
Nationals manager Davey Johnson and general manager Mike Rizzo have both expressed confidence that Zimmerman will not require a trip to the disabled list, but he was sent for tests to be on the safe side. Chad Tracy should get most of the playing time at third base until he’s ready to return.
Zimmerman, 28, is hitting .226/.311/.358 with one home run, 11 RBI and a .670 OPS through 15 games. After adjusting his throwing mechanics following offseason shoulder surgery, he has already committed four errors.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)