Apr 20, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
According to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, Ryan Zimmerman was sent for an MRI on sore left hamstring today. Zimmerman initially felt a cramp in his hamstring last weekend and aggravated it during Wednesday’s game. He’s out of the starting lineup today for the second straight game.
Nationals manager Davey Johnson and general manager Mike Rizzo have both expressed confidence that Zimmerman will not require a trip to the disabled list, but he was sent for tests to be on the safe side. Chad Tracy should get most of the playing time at third base until he’s ready to return.
Zimmerman, 28, is hitting .226/.311/.358 with one home run, 11 RBI and a .670 OPS through 15 games. After adjusting his throwing mechanics following offseason shoulder surgery, he has already committed four errors.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69