Apr 20, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Baseball will be played at Fenway Park this afternoon for the first time since the Boston Marathon bombings on Monday. And the Red Sox will wear special jerseys to honor their city.
Courtesy of the team’s Twitter/Instagram, here’s a look at the home whites:
According to the team, the special jerseys will be auctioned off to benefit the The One Fund Boston, which aims to help the people most affected by the Marathon bombings. The Red Sox and Royals will both wear a special “B Strong” logo patch on their uniforms during the series this weekend. The same logo is also on the Green Monster in left-center field. Because of yesterday’s postponement, the clubs will play a day-night doubleheader tomorrow.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 16
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8