Apr 20, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Baseball will be played at Fenway Park this afternoon for the first time since the Boston Marathon bombings on Monday. And the Red Sox will wear special jerseys to honor their city.
Courtesy of the team’s Twitter/Instagram, here’s a look at the home whites:
According to the team, the special jerseys will be auctioned off to benefit the The One Fund Boston, which aims to help the people most affected by the Marathon bombings. The Red Sox and Royals will both wear a special “B Strong” logo patch on their uniforms during the series this weekend. The same logo is also on the Green Monster in left-center field. Because of yesterday’s postponement, the clubs will play a day-night doubleheader tomorrow.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (99)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)