Apr 20, 2013, 12:16 PM EDT
Baseball will be played at Fenway Park this afternoon for the first time since the Boston Marathon bombings on Monday. And the Red Sox will wear special jerseys to honor their city.
Courtesy of the team’s Twitter/Instagram, here’s a look at the home whites:
According to the team, the special jerseys will be auctioned off to benefit the The One Fund Boston, which aims to help the people most affected by the Marathon bombings. The Red Sox and Royals will both wear a special “B Strong” logo patch on their uniforms during the series this weekend. The same logo is also on the Green Monster in left-center field. Because of yesterday’s postponement, the clubs will play a day-night doubleheader tomorrow.
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 1
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 35
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)