Apr 20, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
Here’s something pretty cool.
MLB.com has put together a compilation of fan reactions to the capture of the second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings. A number of stadiums around MLB also played Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” to pay tribute to the city of Boston.
Yesterday’s Royals-Red Sox game was postponed because of the day-long manhunt, but today’s game will go on as scheduled. Not a bad way to celebrate Fenway Park’s 101st birthday. It should be quite a special scene in Boston.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 3
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 35
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)