Apr 20, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
Here’s something pretty cool.
MLB.com has put together a compilation of fan reactions to the capture of the second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings. A number of stadiums around MLB also played Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” to pay tribute to the city of Boston.
Yesterday’s Royals-Red Sox game was postponed because of the day-long manhunt, but today’s game will go on as scheduled. Not a bad way to celebrate Fenway Park’s 101st birthday. It should be quite a special scene in Boston.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 31
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 8
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)