Apr 20, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
Here’s something pretty cool.
MLB.com has put together a compilation of fan reactions to the capture of the second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings. A number of stadiums around MLB also played Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” to pay tribute to the city of Boston.
Yesterday’s Royals-Red Sox game was postponed because of the day-long manhunt, but today’s game will go on as scheduled. Not a bad way to celebrate Fenway Park’s 101st birthday. It should be quite a special scene in Boston.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)