Apr 20, 2013, 8:41 AM EDT
Here’s something pretty cool.
MLB.com has put together a compilation of fan reactions to the capture of the second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings. A number of stadiums around MLB also played Neil Diamond’s “Sweet Caroline” to pay tribute to the city of Boston.
Yesterday’s Royals-Red Sox game was postponed because of the day-long manhunt, but today’s game will go on as scheduled. Not a bad way to celebrate Fenway Park’s 101st birthday. It should be quite a special scene in Boston.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 0
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 14
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 17
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 58
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)