Apr 21, 2013, 11:12 AM EST
From Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer:
Asdrubal Cabrera slipped down the dugout steps about 10 minutes before game time Saturday night and bruised his left wrist. He is not expected to play in the series finale Sunday at Minute Maid Park.
The two-time All-Star was in the starting lineup. He singled in his first at-bats and scored a run in the Tribe’s eight-run first inning, but after batting twice in the inning, he was replaced by Mike Aviles.
“He slipped,” Indians manager Terry Francona told Hoynes. “I was right by the bat rack and was the first or second one there. He was kind of sprawled out. He put his hand down to soften the fall.”
X-rays were taken late Saturday and turned up negative. Cabrera is considered day-to-day.
The 27-year-old is batting .150/.227/.283 with two homers and three RBI in 16 games.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 1
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 341
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (343)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Report: Josh Hamilton could get a suspension of “at least 25 games” (71)