Apr 21, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
From Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer:
Asdrubal Cabrera slipped down the dugout steps about 10 minutes before game time Saturday night and bruised his left wrist. He is not expected to play in the series finale Sunday at Minute Maid Park.
The two-time All-Star was in the starting lineup. He singled in his first at-bats and scored a run in the Tribe’s eight-run first inning, but after batting twice in the inning, he was replaced by Mike Aviles.
“He slipped,” Indians manager Terry Francona told Hoynes. “I was right by the bat rack and was the first or second one there. He was kind of sprawled out. He put his hand down to soften the fall.”
X-rays were taken late Saturday and turned up negative. Cabrera is considered day-to-day.
The 27-year-old is batting .150/.227/.283 with two homers and three RBI in 16 games.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)