Apr 21, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
From Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer:
Asdrubal Cabrera slipped down the dugout steps about 10 minutes before game time Saturday night and bruised his left wrist. He is not expected to play in the series finale Sunday at Minute Maid Park.
The two-time All-Star was in the starting lineup. He singled in his first at-bats and scored a run in the Tribe’s eight-run first inning, but after batting twice in the inning, he was replaced by Mike Aviles.
“He slipped,” Indians manager Terry Francona told Hoynes. “I was right by the bat rack and was the first or second one there. He was kind of sprawled out. He put his hand down to soften the fall.”
X-rays were taken late Saturday and turned up negative. Cabrera is considered day-to-day.
The 27-year-old is batting .150/.227/.283 with two homers and three RBI in 16 games.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)