Apr 21, 2013, 11:12 AM EDT
From Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer:
Asdrubal Cabrera slipped down the dugout steps about 10 minutes before game time Saturday night and bruised his left wrist. He is not expected to play in the series finale Sunday at Minute Maid Park.
The two-time All-Star was in the starting lineup. He singled in his first at-bats and scored a run in the Tribe’s eight-run first inning, but after batting twice in the inning, he was replaced by Mike Aviles.
“He slipped,” Indians manager Terry Francona told Hoynes. “I was right by the bat rack and was the first or second one there. He was kind of sprawled out. He put his hand down to soften the fall.”
X-rays were taken late Saturday and turned up negative. Cabrera is considered day-to-day.
The 27-year-old is batting .150/.227/.283 with two homers and three RBI in 16 games.
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 4
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 11
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)