Apr 21, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Chad Billingsley was scheduled to start for the Dodgers in Sunday afternoon’s series finale at Camden Yards. But that’s not going to happen.
Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times reports that Billingsley has been placed on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 16, with discomfort in his pitching elbow. Stephen Fife has been recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque in a corresponding roster move and will make the start against Baltimore.
Billingsley opted for platelet-rich plasma treatment over Tommy John surgery when he was diagnosed last year with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament. Now he’ll probably be forced to reconsider.
The Dodgers opened the season with a surplus of starting pitching. But that surplus is gone.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)