Apr 21, 2013, 9:41 AM EDT
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports that Rays infield prospect Hak-Ju Lee suffered torn ligaments in his left knee Saturday at Triple-A Durham during an ugly collision at the second base bag. He will probably be shut down for the season.
Lee, a native of Jeonju, South Korea, was batting .422/.536/.600 with a home run, seven RBI and six steals through his first 15 games at the Triple-A level. The 22-year-old ranked 90th on Baseball America‘s ranking of the top 100 prospects this past winter.
He ranked 44th heading into the 2012 season.
The Rays acquired Lee from the Cubs in January 2011 as part of the Matt Garza trade.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 34
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)