Apr 21, 2013, 1:44 PM EDT
As first reported by beat reporter Nick Camino of Cleveland’s WTAM 1100, the Indians have placed right-hander Brett Myers on the 15-day disabled list because of a right forearm injury. Corey Kluber will move from a long relief job into the starting rotation and Fernando Nieve was called up from Triple-A Columbus on Sunday to fill the bullpen vacancy.
Myers began experiencing discomfort in his right forearm in the middle of spring training and it has worsened with every start that he has made this season. There is currently no timetable for his return.
Myers owns a hideous 8.02 ERA, 1.59 WHIP and 12/5 K/BB ratio through 21 1/3 innings this year. The 32-year-old signed a one-year, $7 million free agent contract with the Tribe this past winter.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)