Apr 21, 2013, 1:44 PM EDT
As first reported by beat reporter Nick Camino of Cleveland’s WTAM 1100, the Indians have placed right-hander Brett Myers on the 15-day disabled list because of a right forearm injury. Corey Kluber will move from a long relief job into the starting rotation and Fernando Nieve was called up from Triple-A Columbus on Sunday to fill the bullpen vacancy.
Myers began experiencing discomfort in his right forearm in the middle of spring training and it has worsened with every start that he has made this season. There is currently no timetable for his return.
Myers owns a hideous 8.02 ERA, 1.59 WHIP and 12/5 K/BB ratio through 21 1/3 innings this year. The 32-year-old signed a one-year, $7 million free agent contract with the Tribe this past winter.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)