Apr 21, 2013, 1:44 PM EDT
As first reported by beat reporter Nick Camino of Cleveland’s WTAM 1100, the Indians have placed right-hander Brett Myers on the 15-day disabled list because of a right forearm injury. Corey Kluber will move from a long relief job into the starting rotation and Fernando Nieve was called up from Triple-A Columbus on Sunday to fill the bullpen vacancy.
Myers began experiencing discomfort in his right forearm in the middle of spring training and it has worsened with every start that he has made this season. There is currently no timetable for his return.
Myers owns a hideous 8.02 ERA, 1.59 WHIP and 12/5 K/BB ratio through 21 1/3 innings this year. The 32-year-old signed a one-year, $7 million free agent contract with the Tribe this past winter.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)