Apr 21, 2013, 1:44 PM EDT
As first reported by beat reporter Nick Camino of Cleveland’s WTAM 1100, the Indians have placed right-hander Brett Myers on the 15-day disabled list because of a right forearm injury. Corey Kluber will move from a long relief job into the starting rotation and Fernando Nieve was called up from Triple-A Columbus on Sunday to fill the bullpen vacancy.
Myers began experiencing discomfort in his right forearm in the middle of spring training and it has worsened with every start that he has made this season. There is currently no timetable for his return.
Myers owns a hideous 8.02 ERA, 1.59 WHIP and 12/5 K/BB ratio through 21 1/3 innings this year. The 32-year-old signed a one-year, $7 million free agent contract with the Tribe this past winter.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)