Apr 21, 2013, 1:44 PM EST
As first reported by beat reporter Nick Camino of Cleveland’s WTAM 1100, the Indians have placed right-hander Brett Myers on the 15-day disabled list because of a right forearm injury. Corey Kluber will move from a long relief job into the starting rotation and Fernando Nieve was called up from Triple-A Columbus on Sunday to fill the bullpen vacancy.
Myers began experiencing discomfort in his right forearm in the middle of spring training and it has worsened with every start that he has made this season. There is currently no timetable for his return.
Myers owns a hideous 8.02 ERA, 1.59 WHIP and 12/5 K/BB ratio through 21 1/3 innings this year. The 32-year-old signed a one-year, $7 million free agent contract with the Tribe this past winter.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 26
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (85)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)