Apr 21, 2013, 5:20 PM EDT
Jhoulys Chacin has posted a promising 1.46 ERA, 0.89 WHIP and 16/6 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings this season. But the righty’s hot start is now on hold.
According to beat writer Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post, Chacin was placed on the 15-day disabled list on Sunday afternoon with a lower back strain that he suffered in the seventh inning of his outing Friday night against the Diamondbacks.
The Rockies are optimistic that Chacin will only need to miss two turns in the rotation. Those starts are expected to go to either Tyler Chatwood or Drew Pomeranz. Rob Scahill was called up from Triple-A Colorado Springs on Sunday to take Chacin’s spot on the 25-man roster, but he will work out of the bullpen as a long reliever.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 0
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 45
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)