Apr 21, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Here is Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald:
John Lackey will make a rehab start with Portland (AA) tomorrow — four innings, about 65 pitches — that could, barring a setback, be the one and only rehab start he would need before being re-activated from the DL with his right biceps strain. He would be on track to pitch for the Red Sox next Saturday, April 27, against Houston.
Lackey suffered that right biceps strain in his first start of the 2013 regular season. It initially looked like a pretty serious injury, but the 34-year-old may only wind up missing a little more than three weeks.
Lackey is owed a $15.25 million salary this year and another $15.25 million in 2014. He has a rough 5.24 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 6.5 K/9 in 379 1/3 innings since signing an $82.5 million deal with Boston.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)