Apr 21, 2013, 2:31 PM EST
Here is Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald:
John Lackey will make a rehab start with Portland (AA) tomorrow — four innings, about 65 pitches — that could, barring a setback, be the one and only rehab start he would need before being re-activated from the DL with his right biceps strain. He would be on track to pitch for the Red Sox next Saturday, April 27, against Houston.
Lackey suffered that right biceps strain in his first start of the 2013 regular season. It initially looked like a pretty serious injury, but the 34-year-old may only wind up missing a little more than three weeks.
Lackey is owed a $15.25 million salary this year and another $15.25 million in 2014. He has a rough 5.24 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 6.5 K/9 in 379 1/3 innings since signing an $82.5 million deal with Boston.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (225)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)