Apr 21, 2013, 2:31 PM EST
Here is Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald:
John Lackey will make a rehab start with Portland (AA) tomorrow — four innings, about 65 pitches — that could, barring a setback, be the one and only rehab start he would need before being re-activated from the DL with his right biceps strain. He would be on track to pitch for the Red Sox next Saturday, April 27, against Houston.
Lackey suffered that right biceps strain in his first start of the 2013 regular season. It initially looked like a pretty serious injury, but the 34-year-old may only wind up missing a little more than three weeks.
Lackey is owed a $15.25 million salary this year and another $15.25 million in 2014. He has a rough 5.24 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 6.5 K/9 in 379 1/3 innings since signing an $82.5 million deal with Boston.
- MLB Players React to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 2
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)