Apr 21, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Here is Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald:
John Lackey will make a rehab start with Portland (AA) tomorrow — four innings, about 65 pitches — that could, barring a setback, be the one and only rehab start he would need before being re-activated from the DL with his right biceps strain. He would be on track to pitch for the Red Sox next Saturday, April 27, against Houston.
Lackey suffered that right biceps strain in his first start of the 2013 regular season. It initially looked like a pretty serious injury, but the 34-year-old may only wind up missing a little more than three weeks.
Lackey is owed a $15.25 million salary this year and another $15.25 million in 2014. He has a rough 5.24 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 6.5 K/9 in 379 1/3 innings since signing an $82.5 million deal with Boston.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)