Apr 21, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Here is Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald:
John Lackey will make a rehab start with Portland (AA) tomorrow — four innings, about 65 pitches — that could, barring a setback, be the one and only rehab start he would need before being re-activated from the DL with his right biceps strain. He would be on track to pitch for the Red Sox next Saturday, April 27, against Houston.
Lackey suffered that right biceps strain in his first start of the 2013 regular season. It initially looked like a pretty serious injury, but the 34-year-old may only wind up missing a little more than three weeks.
Lackey is owed a $15.25 million salary this year and another $15.25 million in 2014. He has a rough 5.24 ERA, 1.50 WHIP and 6.5 K/9 in 379 1/3 innings since signing an $82.5 million deal with Boston.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 43
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)