Apr 21, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Padres outfielder Kyle Blanks left this afternoon’s game against the Giants. He banged into the AT&T Park wall after making a great running catch on a Joaquin Arias fly ball. Jesus Guzman moved from first base to left field and Yonder Alonso entered the game at first base.
Blanks missed most of the 2012 season with a torn labrum and has missed at least 20 games on the disabled list dating back to 2010. He was enjoying some success at the plate, entering today’s game hitting .278 with a homer and an .864 OPS.
Update from MLB.com’s Corey Brock:
#Padres Blanks got four stitches on his left eyelid a result of his sunglasses cutting him upon collision with wall. Otherwise he’s fine.
— Corey Brock (@FollowThePadres) April 21, 2013
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 29
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 16
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)