Apr 21, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Padres outfielder Kyle Blanks left this afternoon’s game against the Giants. He banged into the AT&T Park wall after making a great running catch on a Joaquin Arias fly ball. Jesus Guzman moved from first base to left field and Yonder Alonso entered the game at first base.
Blanks missed most of the 2012 season with a torn labrum and has missed at least 20 games on the disabled list dating back to 2010. He was enjoying some success at the plate, entering today’s game hitting .278 with a homer and an .864 OPS.
Update from MLB.com’s Corey Brock:
#Padres Blanks got four stitches on his left eyelid a result of his sunglasses cutting him upon collision with wall. Otherwise he’s fine.
— Corey Brock (@FollowThePadres) April 21, 2013
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 12
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)