Apr 21, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
Padres outfielder Kyle Blanks left this afternoon’s game against the Giants. He banged into the AT&T Park wall after making a great running catch on a Joaquin Arias fly ball. Jesus Guzman moved from first base to left field and Yonder Alonso entered the game at first base.
Blanks missed most of the 2012 season with a torn labrum and has missed at least 20 games on the disabled list dating back to 2010. He was enjoying some success at the plate, entering today’s game hitting .278 with a homer and an .864 OPS.
Update from MLB.com’s Corey Brock:
#Padres Blanks got four stitches on his left eyelid a result of his sunglasses cutting him upon collision with wall. Otherwise he’s fine.
— Corey Brock (@FollowThePadres) April 21, 2013
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)