Apr 21, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
Padres outfielder Kyle Blanks left this afternoon’s game against the Giants. He banged into the AT&T Park wall after making a great running catch on a Joaquin Arias fly ball. Jesus Guzman moved from first base to left field and Yonder Alonso entered the game at first base.
Blanks missed most of the 2012 season with a torn labrum and has missed at least 20 games on the disabled list dating back to 2010. He was enjoying some success at the plate, entering today’s game hitting .278 with a homer and an .864 OPS.
Update from MLB.com’s Corey Brock:
#Padres Blanks got four stitches on his left eyelid a result of his sunglasses cutting him upon collision with wall. Otherwise he’s fine.
— Corey Brock (@FollowThePadres) April 21, 2013
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 33
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23