Apr 22, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
Casper Wells is on the move again, as the Blue Jays have traded the outfielder to the A’s for cash considerations.
Toronto claimed Wells off waivers from Seattle on April 10, but he never played for the Blue Jays before being designated for assignment last week.
Wells is definitely an MLB-caliber player because he can play all three outfield spots and knock around left-handed pitching, but he’s stretched as a regular. Oakland has shown a willingness to platoon a ton, so Wells could be a good fit paired with a left-handed hitter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)