Apr 22, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
Jane Lee of MLB.com writes that Anderson made it through what Athletics manager Bob Melvin described as a “a very aggressive side” Sunday. The southpaw was encouraged by how his ankle responded today and considers himself “good to go” for his next scheduled start on Wednesday against the Red Sox.
Anderson, 25, has a 5.95 ERA and 19/11 K/BB ratio in 19 2/3 innings over four starts this season. Injuries have limited him to just 42 starts since his promising rookie season in 2009.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 31
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 45
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)