Apr 22, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
Jane Lee of MLB.com writes that Anderson made it through what Athletics manager Bob Melvin described as a “a very aggressive side” Sunday. The southpaw was encouraged by how his ankle responded today and considers himself “good to go” for his next scheduled start on Wednesday against the Red Sox.
Anderson, 25, has a 5.95 ERA and 19/11 K/BB ratio in 19 2/3 innings over four starts this season. Injuries have limited him to just 42 starts since his promising rookie season in 2009.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)