Apr 22, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
Jane Lee of MLB.com writes that Anderson made it through what Athletics manager Bob Melvin described as a “a very aggressive side” Sunday. The southpaw was encouraged by how his ankle responded today and considers himself “good to go” for his next scheduled start on Wednesday against the Red Sox.
Anderson, 25, has a 5.95 ERA and 19/11 K/BB ratio in 19 2/3 innings over four starts this season. Injuries have limited him to just 42 starts since his promising rookie season in 2009.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 0
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)