Apr 22, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
Jane Lee of MLB.com writes that Anderson made it through what Athletics manager Bob Melvin described as a “a very aggressive side” Sunday. The southpaw was encouraged by how his ankle responded today and considers himself “good to go” for his next scheduled start on Wednesday against the Red Sox.
Anderson, 25, has a 5.95 ERA and 19/11 K/BB ratio in 19 2/3 innings over four starts this season. Injuries have limited him to just 42 starts since his promising rookie season in 2009.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)