Apr 22, 2013, 10:28 PM EDT
Jane Lee of MLB.com writes that Anderson made it through what Athletics manager Bob Melvin described as a “a very aggressive side” Sunday. The southpaw was encouraged by how his ankle responded today and considers himself “good to go” for his next scheduled start on Wednesday against the Red Sox.
Anderson, 25, has a 5.95 ERA and 19/11 K/BB ratio in 19 2/3 innings over four starts this season. Injuries have limited him to just 42 starts since his promising rookie season in 2009.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)