Apr 22, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Brett Myers was placed on the disabled list yesterday with what the Indians called a forearm injury, but today the team announced that the injury is more specifically a strained elbow ligament.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Myers will be shut down for at least two weeks, which means he won’t be coming off the disabled list when eligible.
Myers signed a one-year, $7 million deal with the Indians and moved into the rotation after spending last season in the bullpen, but went 0-3 with an 8.02 ERA in his first four starts while serving up 10 homers and showing decreased velocity.
- Brook Jacoby and umpire Doug Eddings were in a “loud, obscenity-laced, nose-to-nose exchange” 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 101
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 3
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 13
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (104)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)