Apr 22, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Brett Myers was placed on the disabled list yesterday with what the Indians called a forearm injury, but today the team announced that the injury is more specifically a strained elbow ligament.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Myers will be shut down for at least two weeks, which means he won’t be coming off the disabled list when eligible.
Myers signed a one-year, $7 million deal with the Indians and moved into the rotation after spending last season in the bullpen, but went 0-3 with an 8.02 ERA in his first four starts while serving up 10 homers and showing decreased velocity.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)