Apr 22, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Brett Myers was placed on the disabled list yesterday with what the Indians called a forearm injury, but today the team announced that the injury is more specifically a strained elbow ligament.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Myers will be shut down for at least two weeks, which means he won’t be coming off the disabled list when eligible.
Myers signed a one-year, $7 million deal with the Indians and moved into the rotation after spending last season in the bullpen, but went 0-3 with an 8.02 ERA in his first four starts while serving up 10 homers and showing decreased velocity.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)