Apr 22, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Brett Myers was placed on the disabled list yesterday with what the Indians called a forearm injury, but today the team announced that the injury is more specifically a strained elbow ligament.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Myers will be shut down for at least two weeks, which means he won’t be coming off the disabled list when eligible.
Myers signed a one-year, $7 million deal with the Indians and moved into the rotation after spending last season in the bullpen, but went 0-3 with an 8.02 ERA in his first four starts while serving up 10 homers and showing decreased velocity.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 40
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (140)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)