Apr 22, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Brett Myers was placed on the disabled list yesterday with what the Indians called a forearm injury, but today the team announced that the injury is more specifically a strained elbow ligament.
Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that Myers will be shut down for at least two weeks, which means he won’t be coming off the disabled list when eligible.
Myers signed a one-year, $7 million deal with the Indians and moved into the rotation after spending last season in the bullpen, but went 0-3 with an 8.02 ERA in his first four starts while serving up 10 homers and showing decreased velocity.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)