Apr 22, 2013, 9:39 AM EDT
The first Lakeland Flying Tigers batter hit a fly ball toward Young. It landed for a triple. Young could have limited the hitter to a single had he taken a better route, said two Phillies officials who attended the game in Lakeland, Fla. In the seventh inning, Young committed a fielding error that allowed a runner to take an extra base.
That’s from Matt Gelb’s story about Young’s rehab debut. In which Ruben Amaro says that Young needs to play “adequate” defense in order to contribute to the Phillies.
And if wishes were fishes we’d all have a fry.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)