Apr 22, 2013, 9:39 AM EST
The first Lakeland Flying Tigers batter hit a fly ball toward Young. It landed for a triple. Young could have limited the hitter to a single had he taken a better route, said two Phillies officials who attended the game in Lakeland, Fla. In the seventh inning, Young committed a fielding error that allowed a runner to take an extra base.
That’s from Matt Gelb’s story about Young’s rehab debut. In which Ruben Amaro says that Young needs to play “adequate” defense in order to contribute to the Phillies.
And if wishes were fishes we’d all have a fry.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)