Apr 22, 2013, 9:39 AM EST
The first Lakeland Flying Tigers batter hit a fly ball toward Young. It landed for a triple. Young could have limited the hitter to a single had he taken a better route, said two Phillies officials who attended the game in Lakeland, Fla. In the seventh inning, Young committed a fielding error that allowed a runner to take an extra base.
That’s from Matt Gelb’s story about Young’s rehab debut. In which Ruben Amaro says that Young needs to play “adequate” defense in order to contribute to the Phillies.
And if wishes were fishes we’d all have a fry.
- UPDATE: Giants believe Hunter Pence suffered broken left forearm on hit-by-pitch 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)