HBT Weekend Wrap

Apr 22, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT

Breakfast Wrap

As I mentioned in ATH, I spent the weekend painting. Dining room and the adjacent foyer. Which, now that I think about it, sounds kind of funny. Having a dining room and a “foyer” makes it sound like I live in Downton Freakin’ Abbey or something. If it matters, both of these areas are mostly overrun by (a) tons of shoes which don’t fit on the little shoe rack I bought; and (b) cat toys. So it’s really not that fancy. Oh, and the color I chose is “muted sage.” The guy at Home Depot gave an audible chuckle when I asked him to mix up a couple gallons of that.

Anyway, in the event that you spent your weekend similarly occupied and missed out on the baseball stuff:

Next up on the painting list — which is really just one part of a larger de-beige-i-fication program launched here at the Fortified Compound — is the kitchen. Which will hopefully have a better sounding color. I’ll keep you posted.

1. deathmonkey41 - Apr 22, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Just a suggestion- Slayer mural on the kitchen wall…Reign in Blood maybe…also Hell Awaits might be pretty cozy.

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 22, 2013 at 9:01 AM

“Angel of Death” mural on the ceiling ala the Sistine Chapel? Then accentuate the adjacent walls with some Iron Maiden album covers, you know, “The Soldier” and such?

• historiophiliac - Apr 22, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Didn’t the guy who did the Dark Side of the Moon cover just die? I think a tribute to that is in order. (But I think Craig is more inclined to go w/ Synchronicity a la The Police.) More fun: if Mookie gets him to do a Bieber tribute in the screened-in porch “foyer.”

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Two thoughts came to mind:

1) I have the original vinyl Dark Side of the Moon with cover, stickers, and poster. one of the prides of my personal collection

2) Doing a Bieber tribute is tantamount to declaring war.

2. proudlycanadian - Apr 22, 2013 at 8:32 AM

That photograph of a wrap is much more appealing than the one you had been using the last 2 weeks.

3. 4d3fect - Apr 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Muted sage? Does that mean your trim color is Martha Stewart bile green?

4. heyblueyoustink - Apr 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM

“I think about it, sounds kind of funny. Having a dining room and a “foyer” makes it sound like I live in Downton Freakin’ Abbey or something.”

Sounds like Grandma has the most expansive basement in the continental U.S.!

5. mybrunoblog - Apr 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Calcaterra went from a married lawyer/family guy to being a divorced dude, having a new a girlfriend, a guy who paints his house in peculiar colors, and getting paid to blog about baseball.
    Man, he just has to wake up in the morning and say to himself “what the f–k just happened?”

• cur68 - Apr 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Some of us do that everyday, my friend.

I like muted sage. its a kind of green, I think. Very pleasant on the eyes.

• heyblueyoustink - Apr 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Or a big picture of Stephen Hawking without his voice synthesizer.

Three legends off to Cooperstown