Apr 22, 2013, 8:23 AM EST
As I mentioned in ATH, I spent the weekend painting. Dining room and the adjacent foyer. Which, now that I think about it, sounds kind of funny. Having a dining room and a “foyer” makes it sound like I live in Downton Freakin’ Abbey or something. If it matters, both of these areas are mostly overrun by (a) tons of shoes which don’t fit on the little shoe rack I bought; and (b) cat toys. So it’s really not that fancy. Oh, and the color I chose is “muted sage.” The guy at Home Depot gave an audible chuckle when I asked him to mix up a couple gallons of that.
Anyway, in the event that you spent your weekend similarly occupied and missed out on the baseball stuff:
- David Ortiz dropped a righteous F-bomb, but the FCC says it’s all good. Oh, and Neil Diamond made an appearance.
- Friday ended better than it started.
- Weird base running.
- Roy Halladay, yelling from the “bring out your dead” cart. Claiming he’s happy and might go for a walk.
- But is Cliff Lee on the block?
- Anthony Rendon. Is. Go.
- Center fielder turns an unassisted double play.
- Dale Sveum threatens to send the kids to their rooms without any supper.
- The Marlins are making history.
- Albert Pujols is hurting.
- It’s getting closer to Delmon Young Day.
- Are the Blue Jays abusing the waiver system?
Next up on the painting list — which is really just one part of a larger de-beige-i-fication program launched here at the Fortified Compound — is the kitchen. Which will hopefully have a better sounding color. I’ll keep you posted.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)