Apr 22, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
As I mentioned in ATH, I spent the weekend painting. Dining room and the adjacent foyer. Which, now that I think about it, sounds kind of funny. Having a dining room and a “foyer” makes it sound like I live in Downton Freakin’ Abbey or something. If it matters, both of these areas are mostly overrun by (a) tons of shoes which don’t fit on the little shoe rack I bought; and (b) cat toys. So it’s really not that fancy. Oh, and the color I chose is “muted sage.” The guy at Home Depot gave an audible chuckle when I asked him to mix up a couple gallons of that.
Anyway, in the event that you spent your weekend similarly occupied and missed out on the baseball stuff:
- David Ortiz dropped a righteous F-bomb, but the FCC says it’s all good. Oh, and Neil Diamond made an appearance.
- Friday ended better than it started.
- Weird base running.
- Roy Halladay, yelling from the “bring out your dead” cart. Claiming he’s happy and might go for a walk.
- But is Cliff Lee on the block?
- Anthony Rendon. Is. Go.
- Center fielder turns an unassisted double play.
- Dale Sveum threatens to send the kids to their rooms without any supper.
- The Marlins are making history.
- Albert Pujols is hurting.
- It’s getting closer to Delmon Young Day.
- Are the Blue Jays abusing the waiver system?
Next up on the painting list — which is really just one part of a larger de-beige-i-fication program launched here at the Fortified Compound — is the kitchen. Which will hopefully have a better sounding color. I’ll keep you posted.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)