Apr 22, 2013, 6:35 PM EDT
Michael Bourn landed on the disabled list last week after he had his right hand stepped on by White Sox reliever Matt Thornton during a head-first slide into first base and required five stitches in his index finger, but he’s getting closer to rejoining the Indians’ lineup.
Jordan Bastian of MLB.com reports that Bourn is scheduled to have the stitches removed from his finger on Thursday. Assuming the wound doesn’t impact his ability to throw or grip a bat, he could be ready to return right around when he’s first eligible on April 30.
Bourn, who joined Cleveland on a four-year, $48 million deal in February, was hitting .333 (15-for-45) with seven extra-base hits (two home runs) and a stolen base prior to the injury. Drew Stubbs has been playing center field during his absence.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)