Apr 22, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Octavio Dotel was unavailable to pitch out the Tigers’ bullpen yesterday because of lingering elbow soreness and may need a stint on the disabled list.
“The inflammation’s still there,” Dotel told Jason Beck of MLB.com. “It doesn’t go away. We’re just going to see how it will be on Tuesday.”
In other words, if the 39-year-old reliever isn’t feeling better after the Tigers are off today he’ll be DL bound. Beck notes that Dotel’s fastball velocity is down about three miles per hour this season, dipping below 90 mph for the first time in his lengthy career, and he’s allowed seven runs in 4.1 innings after pitching for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20