Apr 22, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Octavio Dotel was unavailable to pitch out the Tigers’ bullpen yesterday because of lingering elbow soreness and may need a stint on the disabled list.
“The inflammation’s still there,” Dotel told Jason Beck of MLB.com. “It doesn’t go away. We’re just going to see how it will be on Tuesday.”
In other words, if the 39-year-old reliever isn’t feeling better after the Tigers are off today he’ll be DL bound. Beck notes that Dotel’s fastball velocity is down about three miles per hour this season, dipping below 90 mph for the first time in his lengthy career, and he’s allowed seven runs in 4.1 innings after pitching for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)