Apr 22, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Octavio Dotel was unavailable to pitch out the Tigers’ bullpen yesterday because of lingering elbow soreness and may need a stint on the disabled list.
“The inflammation’s still there,” Dotel told Jason Beck of MLB.com. “It doesn’t go away. We’re just going to see how it will be on Tuesday.”
In other words, if the 39-year-old reliever isn’t feeling better after the Tigers are off today he’ll be DL bound. Beck notes that Dotel’s fastball velocity is down about three miles per hour this season, dipping below 90 mph for the first time in his lengthy career, and he’s allowed seven runs in 4.1 innings after pitching for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic.
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 0
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 338
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (338)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)