Apr 22, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Octavio Dotel was unavailable to pitch out the Tigers’ bullpen yesterday because of lingering elbow soreness and may need a stint on the disabled list.
“The inflammation’s still there,” Dotel told Jason Beck of MLB.com. “It doesn’t go away. We’re just going to see how it will be on Tuesday.”
In other words, if the 39-year-old reliever isn’t feeling better after the Tigers are off today he’ll be DL bound. Beck notes that Dotel’s fastball velocity is down about three miles per hour this season, dipping below 90 mph for the first time in his lengthy career, and he’s allowed seven runs in 4.1 innings after pitching for the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)