Apr 22, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
I don’t know what to make of this story, but, according to Justin Jackson of Sportto Network, the Yankees have security people who complain to local police/security at road games when fans heckle their bullpen. This from Rogers Centre:
I and many others in our section witnessed two individuals in Yankees jackets, complete with Yankees lanyard ID tags walk into our seating area and point out to Toronto police two fans who were chirping and heckling the Yankees bullpen.
There are two sides to every story, of course. Maybe there was more than “chirping and heckling” going on (and Jackson says one fan was “violently arrested,” which could suggest way more belligerence than just jawing at someone).
That said: I don’t know that I’ve ever heard of or seen anything quite like this.
(link from Derek Wuenschirs)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (127)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)