Apr 22, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
I don’t know what to make of this story, but, according to Justin Jackson of Sportto Network, the Yankees have security people who complain to local police/security at road games when fans heckle their bullpen. This from Rogers Centre:
I and many others in our section witnessed two individuals in Yankees jackets, complete with Yankees lanyard ID tags walk into our seating area and point out to Toronto police two fans who were chirping and heckling the Yankees bullpen.
There are two sides to every story, of course. Maybe there was more than “chirping and heckling” going on (and Jackson says one fan was “violently arrested,” which could suggest way more belligerence than just jawing at someone).
That said: I don’t know that I’ve ever heard of or seen anything quite like this.
(link from Derek Wuenschirs)
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17