Apr 22, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
I don’t know what to make of this story, but, according to Justin Jackson of Sportto Network, the Yankees have security people who complain to local police/security at road games when fans heckle their bullpen. This from Rogers Centre:
I and many others in our section witnessed two individuals in Yankees jackets, complete with Yankees lanyard ID tags walk into our seating area and point out to Toronto police two fans who were chirping and heckling the Yankees bullpen.
There are two sides to every story, of course. Maybe there was more than “chirping and heckling” going on (and Jackson says one fan was “violently arrested,” which could suggest way more belligerence than just jawing at someone).
That said: I don’t know that I’ve ever heard of or seen anything quite like this.
(link from Derek Wuenschirs)
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)