Apr 22, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
I don’t know what to make of this story, but, according to Justin Jackson of Sportto Network, the Yankees have security people who complain to local police/security at road games when fans heckle their bullpen. This from Rogers Centre:
I and many others in our section witnessed two individuals in Yankees jackets, complete with Yankees lanyard ID tags walk into our seating area and point out to Toronto police two fans who were chirping and heckling the Yankees bullpen.
There are two sides to every story, of course. Maybe there was more than “chirping and heckling” going on (and Jackson says one fan was “violently arrested,” which could suggest way more belligerence than just jawing at someone).
That said: I don’t know that I’ve ever heard of or seen anything quite like this.
(link from Derek Wuenschirs)
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 54
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)