Apr 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
On the disabled list with a strained muscle in his left hand, A’s outfielder Yoenis Cespedes has been cleared to take batting practice and could begin a minor-league rehab assignment as soon as Friday, according to Jane Lee of MLB.com.
Cespedes is eligible to come off the disabled list on Sunday and barring a setback it sounds like there’s a good chance he’ll be ready by then.
Cespedes was off to a slow start before the injury, hitting just .200 in 11 games, but he still managed a decent .748 OPS thanks to three homers and six walks.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)