Apr 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
On the disabled list with a strained muscle in his left hand, A’s outfielder Yoenis Cespedes has been cleared to take batting practice and could begin a minor-league rehab assignment as soon as Friday, according to Jane Lee of MLB.com.
Cespedes is eligible to come off the disabled list on Sunday and barring a setback it sounds like there’s a good chance he’ll be ready by then.
Cespedes was off to a slow start before the injury, hitting just .200 in 11 games, but he still managed a decent .748 OPS thanks to three homers and six walks.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 43
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 37
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 36
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 86
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 8
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 92
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (104)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (92)