Apr 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
On the disabled list with a strained muscle in his left hand, A’s outfielder Yoenis Cespedes has been cleared to take batting practice and could begin a minor-league rehab assignment as soon as Friday, according to Jane Lee of MLB.com.
Cespedes is eligible to come off the disabled list on Sunday and barring a setback it sounds like there’s a good chance he’ll be ready by then.
Cespedes was off to a slow start before the injury, hitting just .200 in 11 games, but he still managed a decent .748 OPS thanks to three homers and six walks.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)