Apr 22, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
On the disabled list with a strained muscle in his left hand, A’s outfielder Yoenis Cespedes has been cleared to take batting practice and could begin a minor-league rehab assignment as soon as Friday, according to Jane Lee of MLB.com.
Cespedes is eligible to come off the disabled list on Sunday and barring a setback it sounds like there’s a good chance he’ll be ready by then.
Cespedes was off to a slow start before the injury, hitting just .200 in 11 games, but he still managed a decent .748 OPS thanks to three homers and six walks.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 2
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)