Apr 23, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
You’ll be shocked to know that the Blue Jays have claimed a player off waivers.
This time it’s left-hander Aaron Laffey, who was designated for assignment by the Mets last week and pitched for the Blue Jays last season before they dropped him from the 40-man roster.
Laffey had a 4.56 ERA in 100 innings for Toronto last year and has a 4.44 ERA in 484 career innings overall, so he’s basically a standard fifth starter/long reliever. He was dropped by the Mets after allowing eight runs in 10 innings.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 26
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 28
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 60
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)