Apr 23, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
You’ll be shocked to know that the Blue Jays have claimed a player off waivers.
This time it’s left-hander Aaron Laffey, who was designated for assignment by the Mets last week and pitched for the Blue Jays last season before they dropped him from the 40-man roster.
Laffey had a 4.56 ERA in 100 innings for Toronto last year and has a 4.44 ERA in 484 career innings overall, so he’s basically a standard fifth starter/long reliever. He was dropped by the Mets after allowing eight runs in 10 innings.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)