Apr 23, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
You’ll be shocked to know that the Blue Jays have claimed a player off waivers.
This time it’s left-hander Aaron Laffey, who was designated for assignment by the Mets last week and pitched for the Blue Jays last season before they dropped him from the 40-man roster.
Laffey had a 4.56 ERA in 100 innings for Toronto last year and has a 4.44 ERA in 484 career innings overall, so he’s basically a standard fifth starter/long reliever. He was dropped by the Mets after allowing eight runs in 10 innings.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)