Apr 23, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
You’ll be shocked to know that the Blue Jays have claimed a player off waivers.
This time it’s left-hander Aaron Laffey, who was designated for assignment by the Mets last week and pitched for the Blue Jays last season before they dropped him from the 40-man roster.
Laffey had a 4.56 ERA in 100 innings for Toronto last year and has a 4.44 ERA in 484 career innings overall, so he’s basically a standard fifth starter/long reliever. He was dropped by the Mets after allowing eight runs in 10 innings.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48