Apr 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Freeman has been out since April 6 with a strained oblique muscle, but the first baseman is back in the lineup for Game 1 of today’s doubleheader against the Rockies and batting cleanup.
Freeman was off to a fast start before the injury, hitting .412 with a 1.121 OPS in five games, and his return means the Braves will likely have Chris Johnson and Juan Francisco split time at third base after using Johnson as the primary first base fill-in.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)