Apr 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Freeman has been out since April 6 with a strained oblique muscle, but the first baseman is back in the lineup for Game 1 of today’s doubleheader against the Rockies and batting cleanup.
Freeman was off to a fast start before the injury, hitting .412 with a 1.121 OPS in five games, and his return means the Braves will likely have Chris Johnson and Juan Francisco split time at third base after using Johnson as the primary first base fill-in.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 17
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 44
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)