Apr 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Freeman has been out since April 6 with a strained oblique muscle, but the first baseman is back in the lineup for Game 1 of today’s doubleheader against the Rockies and batting cleanup.
Freeman was off to a fast start before the injury, hitting .412 with a 1.121 OPS in five games, and his return means the Braves will likely have Chris Johnson and Juan Francisco split time at third base after using Johnson as the primary first base fill-in.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)