Apr 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Freeman has been out since April 6 with a strained oblique muscle, but the first baseman is back in the lineup for Game 1 of today’s doubleheader against the Rockies and batting cleanup.
Freeman was off to a fast start before the injury, hitting .412 with a 1.121 OPS in five games, and his return means the Braves will likely have Chris Johnson and Juan Francisco split time at third base after using Johnson as the primary first base fill-in.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)