Apr 23, 2013, 12:46 PM EST
Freeman has been out since April 6 with a strained oblique muscle, but the first baseman is back in the lineup for Game 1 of today’s doubleheader against the Rockies and batting cleanup.
Freeman was off to a fast start before the injury, hitting .412 with a 1.121 OPS in five games, and his return means the Braves will likely have Chris Johnson and Juan Francisco split time at third base after using Johnson as the primary first base fill-in.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 15
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 36
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 43
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)