Apr 23, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Orioles stud pitching prospect Dylan Bundy was cleared to resume throwing after beginning the season on the minor league disabled list with elbow and forearm soreness, but the Orioles just announced that he had a setback and is now scheduled to be examined by Dr. James Andrews.
As of three weeks ago an MRI exam revealed no structural damage, but Bundy apparently reported some soreness after throwing from 90 feet on flat ground Monday.
Bundy was the No. 4 overall pick in the 2011 draft out of high school, made his MLB debut with the Orioles in September at age 19, and was widely considered the top pitching prospect in baseball coming into this season.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)