Apr 23, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Orioles stud pitching prospect Dylan Bundy was cleared to resume throwing after beginning the season on the minor league disabled list with elbow and forearm soreness, but the Orioles just announced that he had a setback and is now scheduled to be examined by Dr. James Andrews.
As of three weeks ago an MRI exam revealed no structural damage, but Bundy apparently reported some soreness after throwing from 90 feet on flat ground Monday.
Bundy was the No. 4 overall pick in the 2011 draft out of high school, made his MLB debut with the Orioles in September at age 19, and was widely considered the top pitching prospect in baseball coming into this season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)