Apr 23, 2013, 8:53 AM EDT
The Braves’ right fielder is gonna take some time off after having an emergency appendectomy last night in Denver. No other details apart from the fact of the surgery were released by the team.
A couple of players have had in-season appendectomies relatively recently: Matt Holliday and Adam Dunn. Holliday missed about ten games, Dunn six. Holliday was fine, Dunn took some time to get his groove, such as it is, back. They do these things laproscopically now, so it’s not terribly invasive.
And frankly, Heyward could use a break as he’s been struggling something fierce at the plate. No word on how long he’ll be out, but I’d assume the Braves will DL him and let Evan Gattis play some left field while Heyward recuperates.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)