Apr 23, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
John Lackey started his minor-league rehab assignment yesterday by throwing 3.2 scoreless innings at Double-A as he recovers from a strained biceps.
Lackey threw 67 pitches in his first appearance since leaving his April 6 start with what looked liked a potentially serious arm injury, striking out five and walking two while allowing three hits.
Ian Browne of MLB.com reports that he’s expected to make at least one more rehab start before possibly coming off the disabled list and rejoining the Red Sox’s rotation.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8