Apr 23, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
John Lackey started his minor-league rehab assignment yesterday by throwing 3.2 scoreless innings at Double-A as he recovers from a strained biceps.
Lackey threw 67 pitches in his first appearance since leaving his April 6 start with what looked liked a potentially serious arm injury, striking out five and walking two while allowing three hits.
Ian Browne of MLB.com reports that he’s expected to make at least one more rehab start before possibly coming off the disabled list and rejoining the Red Sox’s rotation.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 74
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)