Apr 23, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
John Lackey started his minor-league rehab assignment yesterday by throwing 3.2 scoreless innings at Double-A as he recovers from a strained biceps.
Lackey threw 67 pitches in his first appearance since leaving his April 6 start with what looked liked a potentially serious arm injury, striking out five and walking two while allowing three hits.
Ian Browne of MLB.com reports that he’s expected to make at least one more rehab start before possibly coming off the disabled list and rejoining the Red Sox’s rotation.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 41
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)