Apr 23, 2013, 1:18 PM EDT
John Lackey started his minor-league rehab assignment yesterday by throwing 3.2 scoreless innings at Double-A as he recovers from a strained biceps.
Lackey threw 67 pitches in his first appearance since leaving his April 6 start with what looked liked a potentially serious arm injury, striking out five and walking two while allowing three hits.
Ian Browne of MLB.com reports that he’s expected to make at least one more rehab start before possibly coming off the disabled list and rejoining the Red Sox’s rotation.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)