Kyle Lohse dislocated his finger last night

Apr 23, 2013, 9:13 AM EDT

Brewers starter Kyle Lohse dislocated his left pinkie last night after he smacked it into Jedd Gyorko as he was running to first base. I’m more squeamish than ten pig-tailed elementary school girls so as far as I’m concerned it should land him on the 60 day disabled list, but luckily for all involved I’m not on the Brewers’ medical staff:

Everything is going the Brewers’ way lately.

1. bla bla bla - Apr 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM

“Everything is going the Brewers’ way lately.”

Aramis Ramirez, Corey Hart, Mat Gamel et al would beg to differ.

• pack93z - Apr 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

So would Tyler Green, Jeff Bianchi, Chris Narveson and Mark Rodgers as well.. but I think that is what is so impressive about the Brewers streak right now.. they are winning with a good chunk of offense and defense that they were counting on down right now.

Guys like Betancourt, Gomez and Gonzalez producing either at the plate or out of position on defense.. and in terms of defense, playing the spots very well. It is pretty impressive considering that we didn’t have a guy on the roster that logged any time at 1st.. and filling in at 3rd as well.

Do I think they can continue to win at this clip nope.. but they basically salvaged their season that was quickly approaching the brink with fill in players. Gives us Brewer fans real hope at a shot at the postseason this year.. something few pundits thought could happen.

Long season to go.. but with the amount if injuries and production down… the sky is a bit brighter for the season.

• bougin89 - Apr 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Totally agree. When they signed Betancourt my first thought was “not this again..” but he has been playing alright especially defensively now that they have him playing on the corners rather than at SS. Plus he has provided a spark with his bat which includes that grand slam last week.

2. onbucky96 - Apr 23, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Uh oh. The Brewers injury curse should kick in shortly…

• bougin89 - Apr 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM

It hasn’t already? Ramirez/Hart/Gamel/Narveson/Rogers and even Braun missed a few games already with a neck injury.

3. greej1938l - Apr 23, 2013 at 11:26 AM

yeah I could not disagree more what that last statement I mean come on half of the roster is hurt

4. shaggytoodle - Apr 23, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I try to look on the bright side of everything when it comes to the Brewers, and while it started out just awful going to 2-8 They did sweep SF which was quite unexpected for me, but do you guys think they are finding a groove, or were they are just beating teas they should be like the Cubs and Padres.

Do the Angels have any weaknesses?
  1. G. Stanton (3840)