Apr 23, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
I wish they’d reveal whether “drug of abuse” is marijuana or something actually harmful. Would totally change the way I view these things:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that New York Mets Minor League right-handed pitcher Christian Montgomery has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
The suspension of Montgomery, who is on the roster of the rookie-level Kingsport Mets of the Appalachian League, will be effective at the start of the Appalachian League season.
On the bright side, that’s 50 games he doesn’t have to spend in Kingsport.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 51
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)