Apr 23, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
I wish they’d reveal whether “drug of abuse” is marijuana or something actually harmful. Would totally change the way I view these things:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that New York Mets Minor League right-handed pitcher Christian Montgomery has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
The suspension of Montgomery, who is on the roster of the rookie-level Kingsport Mets of the Appalachian League, will be effective at the start of the Appalachian League season.
On the bright side, that’s 50 games he doesn’t have to spend in Kingsport.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (110)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)