Apr 23, 2013, 5:03 PM EDT
I wish they’d reveal whether “drug of abuse” is marijuana or something actually harmful. Would totally change the way I view these things:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that New York Mets Minor League right-handed pitcher Christian Montgomery has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
The suspension of Montgomery, who is on the roster of the rookie-level Kingsport Mets of the Appalachian League, will be effective at the start of the Appalachian League season.
On the bright side, that’s 50 games he doesn’t have to spend in Kingsport.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8