Apr 23, 2013, 5:03 PM EST
I wish they’d reveal whether “drug of abuse” is marijuana or something actually harmful. Would totally change the way I view these things:
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that New York Mets Minor League right-handed pitcher Christian Montgomery has received a 50-game suspension without pay after a second violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
The suspension of Montgomery, who is on the roster of the rookie-level Kingsport Mets of the Appalachian League, will be effective at the start of the Appalachian League season.
On the bright side, that’s 50 games he doesn’t have to spend in Kingsport.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (75)