Apr 23, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
When he wasn’t busy having peanuts thrown at him and nearly getting into fights with Triple-A fans Brandon Inge hit just .180 in 18 games on a minor-league rehab assignment, but the Pirates have added him to the roster anyway.
Inge made the Pirates out of spring training despite hitting just .218 with a .658 OPS in 83 games for the Tigers and A’s last season, but the 36-year-old was shut down with a shoulder injury before the season actually began.
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 23
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 3
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 17
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 47
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 37
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 50
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)