Apr 23, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
When he wasn’t busy having peanuts thrown at him and nearly getting into fights with Triple-A fans Brandon Inge hit just .180 in 18 games on a minor-league rehab assignment, but the Pirates have added him to the roster anyway.
Inge made the Pirates out of spring training despite hitting just .218 with a .658 OPS in 83 games for the Tigers and A’s last season, but the 36-year-old was shut down with a shoulder injury before the season actually began.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)