Apr 23, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
When he wasn’t busy having peanuts thrown at him and nearly getting into fights with Triple-A fans Brandon Inge hit just .180 in 18 games on a minor-league rehab assignment, but the Pirates have added him to the roster anyway.
Inge made the Pirates out of spring training despite hitting just .218 with a .658 OPS in 83 games for the Tigers and A’s last season, but the 36-year-old was shut down with a shoulder injury before the season actually began.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)