Apr 23, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
When he wasn’t busy having peanuts thrown at him and nearly getting into fights with Triple-A fans Brandon Inge hit just .180 in 18 games on a minor-league rehab assignment, but the Pirates have added him to the roster anyway.
Inge made the Pirates out of spring training despite hitting just .218 with a .658 OPS in 83 games for the Tigers and A’s last season, but the 36-year-old was shut down with a shoulder injury before the season actually began.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)