Apr 23, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
When he wasn’t busy having peanuts thrown at him and nearly getting into fights with Triple-A fans Brandon Inge hit just .180 in 18 games on a minor-league rehab assignment, but the Pirates have added him to the roster anyway.
Inge made the Pirates out of spring training despite hitting just .218 with a .658 OPS in 83 games for the Tigers and A’s last season, but the 36-year-old was shut down with a shoulder injury before the season actually began.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)