Apr 23, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Marcum was placed on the disabled list at the end of spring training because of biceps tendinitis and then developed neck inflammation while rehabbing his arm. But he has looked sharp in recent outings at extended spring training and is feeling strong.
Marcum signed a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with the Mets this past winter after posting a 3.70 ERA, 1.27 WHIP and 109/41 K/BB ratio in 124 innings (21 starts) last season for the Brewers.
That’s a very talented group of starting pitchers. And only Marcum is over 30 years old.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)