Apr 23, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Marcum was placed on the disabled list at the end of spring training because of biceps tendinitis and then developed neck inflammation while rehabbing his arm. But he has looked sharp in recent outings at extended spring training and is feeling strong.
Marcum signed a one-year, $4 million free agent contract with the Mets this past winter after posting a 3.70 ERA, 1.27 WHIP and 109/41 K/BB ratio in 124 innings (21 starts) last season for the Brewers.
That’s a very talented group of starting pitchers. And only Marcum is over 30 years old.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 38
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 42
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 80
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (226)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)